FixLivity is reader-supported. We may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through the links on our site. Learn more.
It was the scorching summer season that compelled me to buy a Samsung refrigerator for my family. I was so excited about their features and service that I never thought of maintaining and cleaning the device properly. After 1-1.5 years of service, I noticed my Samsung refrigerator not cooling like before.
Things got worse when I didn’t care about my refrigerator but the light was on and my refrigerator lost its cooling completely. All the foods inside the refrigerator started to rot and my ice-cream days got over.
Thus, I decided to take the issue into my hand.
From various sources, I got to identify the problems, checked the reasons for them, and came up with proper solutions. Some expert guides and solutions were very helpful in the matter. And guess what? Right now, I am having food directly from my refrigerator!
Let me state the whole experience in brief from the very first observations for your convenience. Let’s start with the problems that stopped my refrigerator from cooling.
Several reasons why your Samsung refrigerator won’t cool
Pondering over my Samsung fridge’s cooling issue, I gathered a lot of information. I became amazed that I was so unaware of such things. Different factors, cooling issues, and parts of the refrigerator restrain it from working normally. Let’s take a look at the segments in some categories.
- Frosted Evaporator coils
- Evaporator Fan frosted
- Dead Defrost Heater
- Malfunctioning Temperature Sensor
- Thermostat Failure
- Leaked Refrigerant
- Malfunctioning Compressor
- Misfunctioning Thermistor
1. Frosted Evaporator coils
The evaporator coils are the main generator of coldness inside your refrigerator. When the defrost heater assembly becomes over-frosted with ice, it cannot function properly, making your brand-new fridge not cooling.
2. Evaporator Fan frosted
The evaporator fan of the Samsung refrigerator plays a critical role in maintaining overall air circulation. Its main purpose is to generate cold air inside your fridge. The problem begins when your evaporated fan gets frosted with ice. Thus, it is restrained to exert cool air.
3. Dead Defrost Heater
The defrost heater normally solves the above-mentioned issues. It provides slight heating to the refrigerator to break and remove the frosty ice from your fan or coil. A defective defrost heater is one of the reasons for having a frosted fan and coils. Thus, you’ll end up seeing your fridge not cooling enough.
4. Malfunctioning Temperature Sensor
Your fridge’s temperature settings and current state get fully controlled by the temperature sensor. In case of the defective sensor, you’ll find your Samsung fridge not cooling or freezing properly. At times, door seals can also decrease the temperature inside your fridge.
5. Thermostat Failure
The defrost thermostat is the main component of the defrost system, that allows power to flow to the heater. When the heater of your refrigerator cannot generate enough power, it makes an error for the whole defrost system.
6. Leaked Refrigerant
The refrigerant is said to be the blood of the refrigerator. The whole damper control assembly is regulated and maintained by the refrigerant. When it gets leaked or broken, the air lacks incoming air, and thus, the refrigerator compartment fails to serve.
7. Malfunctioning Compressor
The most important thing about a refrigerator is the compressor. When your refrigerator is malfunctioning, you should go on to check the compressor start relay. The further process gets executed in loops. When the compressor is not functioning well, your refrigerator gets aloof from the facility and thus makes a mess.
8. Misfunctioning Thermistor
When the evaporator coils and other components become excess cold, a thermistor manages to keep them active. When the thermistor of your fridge fails to work, the frosting of the internal part of the refrigerator increases to a great extent.
Easy steps to fix your non-cooling Samsung refrigerator
I have enlisted the most possible reasons for your Samsung refrigerator not cooling. Now to resolve the issue, let’s go with some simple solutions.
1. Checking the power source
The Samsung fridge not cooling after the power outage is one of the major issues I found while working with my refrigerator. Checking the power source of your refrigerator is the first thing you must see. Because, if it is not regulated, the whole system won’t work. An LED light inside your refrigerator can be effective for you.
- This Is An O.E.M. Authorized Part
- Fits With Various Samsung Brand Models
- Oem Part # Da41-00676G
2. Checking the thermostat
The start capacitor of your refrigerator gets maintained by the thermostat. Your new fridge could be because of the broken thermostat. In case of a broken thermostat, get the specific model number and replace it instantly.
- The Samsung DC47-00018A Thermostat is a genuine OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part designed and engineered to exact specifications
- Replacement Samsung Dryer Thermostat shuts off the heating element or burner when the Dryer overheats
- Samsung DC47-00018A Dryer Thermostat is also called the High-Limit Thermostat
3. Checking the vents
The vents of the refrigerator regulate good airflow through your refrigerator. Blocked vents enable your refrigerator not to cool properly. Always give a check to the vents and try to keep them clean and fresh.
4. Checking the condenser fan
When the condenser fan gets frosted, the fan cannot move and lacks to provide air to the refrigerator. Thus, it is an important task to keep the fans in a great manner.
- The Samsung DA97-01949A Condenser Fan Motor is a genuine OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part designed and engineered to exact specifications
- Replacement Samsung Refrigerator Condenser Fan Motor rotates the fan blade to circulate air, cooling the compressor and the refrigerant in the condenser coils
- Samsung DA97-01949A Refrigerator Condenser Fan Motor includes motor mounted to the motor bracket and wire harness
5. Vacuuming the coils
Frosted or clogged condenser coils often hamper your refrigerator from cooling. In this case, you just need to vacuum the loops properly. Make sure all the ice and clogging get cleared.
- This Is An Original Part!
- Purchase With Confidence!
- Installation Instructions Do NOT Come With This Part!
Applied Solutions on How to Fix a Samsung Refrigerator Not Cooling
The simple solutions are normally the pre-checking you need to go with the technical solutions. But most of the time, simple solutions don’t work for a long time. At times, you see your refrigerator but the freezer is working perfectly. That’s why I had to go beyond the simple solutions to work on my Samsung refrigerator. Stating the solutions below:
1. Cleaning the condenser coils
During the whole operation, I found the refrigerator condenser coil to be the most important part. Various fridge temperature problems make the condenser coils malfunction. For that, keep the condenser coils cleaned from time to time. You can spare a day or two every month to do that. Trust me, your refrigerator’s start capacitor will last longer than its usual validity.
- INDUSTRIAL-STRENGTH CLEANER: This heavy-duty AC vent cleaner effectively cleans the evaporator and condenser coils of an A/C system. The AC Coil Cleaner is a no-rinse coil cleaner and will get the job done without clogging the fins or coils.
- NO JOB IS TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL: Use the evap cleaner on refrigerators, whole-house air conditioners, rooftop HVAC units, auto radiators, air-cooled equipment, and more. The foaming coil cleaner for ac unit breaks down and removes junk like dirt, dust, grease, and oil.
- CONVENIENT SELF-RINSING DESIGN: Let the AC coil foam cleaner do all the heavy lifting for you. The ac unit coil cleaner for refrigerator alkaline detergent is self-rinsing, so all you have to do is spray it on and then let it go to work.
2. Locate the condition of the Fan Motor
Check the condition of the fan using a multimeter. If there is any issue, you’ll see it via error code. When the fan doesn’t work, how can you expect your refrigerator to get cooled? In this case, changing the condenser fan motor should be your topmost priority. Get the perfect model number and replace it with a new one. If you are a newbie to the task, get it done by a professional.
3. Fixing the Start Relay
Checking the continuity of the start terminal and the wall will determine the start relay of your refrigerator. Use a multimeter to get the error code from it. When you see any inconvenience in getting the start relay records, change the start relay.
- Your unit is calibrated prior to shipment with a new nist-traceable calibration Certificate with data
- The NIST calibration provides you assurance your instrument Meets manufacturer’s specifications. Your instrument is ready to Use day one meeting most quality system standards
- Highly visible LED screen with white back light, Digital: 6,000 counts, updates 4 per second
4. Getting to the Main Control Board
When all the above components seem to be right, then the problem is with the main control board. It is the last thing you’ll have to deal with. Because, when the main control board is defective, the whole parts of the refrigerator won’t work.
- Genuine OEM Part
- Replaces Part Numbers:
5. Changing the Fan and Coils
When your fans and coils of the fridge don’t function or are dead, it is better to get rid of them. Because temporary fixation of the parts will not work like before. But, how would you replace the old fans? Normally, there are condenser fans and refrigerator evaporator fans that enhance your compressor. Let’s see how you can complete the task.
6. Changing the Condenser Fan
The condenser fan is located at the back of your refrigerator compressor. It lies along with the compressor. Before you go on to change it, make sure to turn off the whole machine. Take a screwdriver and detach the fan from the refrigerator. Remove the whole fan from the bracket and clear the wires around it.
Get the model number of the specific fan that goes with the refrigerator. If needed, yours. With the new fan, connect the wires using a wire connector. Fix the new fan in the bracket and connect the wires accordingly. Screw the fan tightly with a bracket and secure its place firmly. You should also keep in mind the condenser fan motor. Failure of the motor will not generate enough air for your refrigerator.
7. Changing the refrigerator Evaporator fan
The refrigerator evaporator fan is located behind the freezer. When the fan is damaged, you’ll experience your Samsung fridge not cooling and making noise. This indicates replacing the evaporator fan. First, remove the cover. Use a screwdriver to unscrew the cover and remove it from the evaporator fan.
Get the latest fan that goes on to support perfectly. They will give you fewer errors and ensure to sustain for a long time. You’ll see that the fan is attached to the bracket. Just remove it from the bracket normally and replace the evaporator fan properly. Make sure to go through the wires and the compressor in a decent and professional manner.
Accordingly, fix the other parts of the fan like the cover, screws, etc. Test the air coming out of the fans accordingly. Make sure you have screwed them properly before you run the refrigerators.
- ✅ MODEL NUMBER: DA31-00146E Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor.
- ✅ BRAND NAME COMPATIBILITY: It is made exactly fit for name brand SAMSUNG. Replace part number: DA32-00006G,DA32-00006L,DA32-00006M,DA32-00006U,DA32-00006B,DA32-00006D,DA32-10105P, 4382206 687152235438 B00W4YG3Y2 TJDA31-00146E
- ✅ EASY TO INSTALL: Works with the following models MC2125PSLB, MC2125PSLS, MC2125PSLW, MC2125PULB, MC2125PULS, MC2125PULW, MC2126HSLB, MC2126HSLS, MC2126HSLW, MC2126HULB. Replace part number: 4382206 687152235438 B00W4YG3Y2 TJDA31-00146E
How to Resume the Freezer to Cool and Freeze Again?
Just after fixing my refrigerator, I saw my freezer was lacking to function like before. I searched for some solutions and implemented them accordingly. To resume the cooling even of your freezer or to solve the Samsung twin cooling fridge freezer problems, you must go through some steps.
Step 1: You have to defrost the ice over the fans. For that, press the freezer and lighting or energy saver and refrigerator temp buttons at the same time for 8 seconds.
Step 2: After a while, you’ll hear a chime sound. When you hear it, press the temperature buttons several times until you see Fd on the display. Thus, it activates the defrost system and melts the ice.
When you are done with the steps, unplug the refrigerator and give it a restart. You should at least let the defrosting happen for around 20 minutes to resume its power freeze. Thus, your freezer compartment is ready to serve and functions accordingly.
Steps to maintain constant cooling of your refrigerator or freezer
Right after fixing the cooling problem, you are not completely done with it. It is obvious to notice the Samsung fridge not cooling after defrosting. Because of variation in model number and functioning, the refrigerators and ice makers for freezers usually malfunction at times.
To prevail in the constant cooling of your refrigerator and the power freeze of your ice maker, you have to maintain your device accordingly. I have implemented some steps and so far, my refrigerator and freezer both are working superbly. Let me state the methods and procedures in brief.
1. Checking the thermostat at a regular interval
Without any more discussion, always keep the thermostat at 35 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the ideal temperature to keep your foods and other stuff cool. You need to check the defrost thermostat at intervals for their regular fitness. Also, make sure the door seals of your refrigerator and freezer are closed and maintained properly.
If you ever feel any doubt about the temperature, power freeze, air or cooling of your foods, and other stuff, look over the thermostat instantly.
2. Check the door seal on your refrigerator and freezer doors
The airflow and internal cooling of your refrigerator get confined by the door seal of your refrigerator door. Mostly, the French door of the refrigerator needs to be taken care of properly. If the door seal or door gaskets are defective, you’ll see your double door refrigerator not cooling. The air will tend to come outside, causing a deficit of cold air to the foods and stuff inside the fridge.
When you see any kind of leakage on the door gasket, take immediate action to resolve it. It is wise to replace the whole gasket rather than fix it for temporary usage.
3. Keep the Condenser Coils Clean
The condenser coil becomes dirty when kept uncleaned for several days. This hampers the certain activity of your fridge. Take a condenser brush and exercise it accordingly over it. The set temperature in your desired and perfect manner to sustain the refrigerator for a long time. It is wise to clean the coil once or twice a year to avoid any kind of problems. In case you are more conscious, you can clean it more times than that.
- The Vanitek multi-use long flexible dryer lint brush vent cleaner and refrigerator coil cleaning brush features strong bristles for grabbing dust lint & dirt from the highest energy consuming products. The dryer cleaner vent kit will prevent you from fire risks.
- SPECS: The long cleaning brush Length is 26”, Without Handle: 21-1/4”, Bristles Diameter: 1-1/2”, Steel Wire Diameter: 3/8”, lint Brush Handle Color is Red. This dryer vent cleaner reinforced nylon material and are durable and flexible, and they can be bent according to your needs.
- DESIGN & QUALITY: Dryer lint brush has a sturdy thick nylon bristle mounted on a galvanized wound steel bendable wire shaft moves through narrow slots where the dryer vent brush is picking up the lint, with a non-slip controllable rigid plastic handle to reach inaccessible places easily, the dryer brush vent cleaner prevents scratches.
4. Ensuring Proper Power Supply
Make sure your fridge is getting the proper amount of power supply. Without it, the mainboard and start capacitor of your device won’t function properly. When the mainboard doesn’t function properly, the coils, evaporator fan motor, etc. won’t function too. Thus, your fridge won’t cool. Check the power supply now and then. Finding any kind of issue, take the necessary steps instantly.
5. Keep the air vents free
Stuffing your refrigerator compartment with unnecessary stuff will block the air vent. For that, always keep the surrounding area of the vent free and spacious. Also, check whether the vent is frosted up or not. Monitor the condition of the vent every once in a while, and take steps to keep it active.
6. Keep the Interior Space Cleaned
Cleaning the interior of the fridge and the freezer is not only beneficial for the refrigerator but also for yourself and your food. Again, the dirt and other food ingredients in the refrigerator might make different parts of the fridge unworkable. For example, dirt or food getting attached to the fan running or evaporator coils will result in your fridge not cooling well. As a result, it is your foremost duty to inspect the internal part of the refrigerator regularly and keep it clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is my Samsung fridge not cooling?
The reasons your Samsung fridge is not cooling can be because of the frosted evaporator coil, frosted evaporator fan, defective defrost heater, thermostat failure, or other technical issues.
2. How do I reset my Samsung refrigerator not cooling?
You can reset most models of the Samsung refrigerator by holding the “power freeze” or “power cool” temperature buttons for 5 seconds.
3. What is the first thing to check when my refrigerator stops working?
The first thing to check when your refrigerator stops working is the home circuit breaker. With your refrigerator’s model number, your circuit breaker needs to be maintained accordingly.
4. What would cause a Samsung refrigerator to stop getting cold?
Insufficient air flow inside the refrigerator would stop it from getting cold.
5. How long do I unplug my fridge to reset it?
You need to unplug your fridge for around 30 to 45 minutes to reset it.
6. How long can a Samsung fridge serve?
A Samsung fridge on average serves for more than 15 years. If you can take proper care of it, it will last more than that.
7. Why does my Samsung refrigerator get warm?
The main reason for your fridge getting warm is because the Samsung fridge’s door seal is not closed properly. When your fridge’s door doesn’t close properly, it cannot confine the cold air inside it, and the compressor malfunctions. Especially, the French door of the refrigerators needs to be handled and looked at more accurately. Thus, the outer air gets mixed inside it, making your fridge warm.
8. What’s the ideal temperature my fridge should have?
The most ideal temperature for your fridge is 38 degrees Fahrenheit and the freezer to about -2 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. How can I make my fridge colder?
To elevate your fridge’s cooling, make a proper space between the wall and the back of your fridge compressor. Make sure the machine gets enough space to exert and absorb air and maintain a moderate temperature.
10. How to maintain proper coolness inside my refrigerator?
The adjuster of your refrigerator is enough to make your refrigerator cooler. You’ll see the number on your adjuster from 1 to 5; where 1 is warm and 5 is the coldest. Set the number according to your desire and needs.
It was unbelievable for me to solve my Samsung fridge not cooling down within a few minutes! All these actions and repairs are fully risk-proof. But it is always wise to take proper precautionary airflow measures. With our solution, you can rely on implementing it across different categories and models.
At times, you might not find the proper solution to your malfunctioning fridge. In this case, the professionals nearby can be effective for you. The site of the Samsung refrigerator is also pretty active. You can get the maximum help regarding your issues through the site.
Remember, your refrigerator not cooling is never a permanent issue. Just implement our Samsung refrigerator troubleshooting and follow my whole guide. Hopefully, you can easily get your issues resolved!